Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Alaska: Good Friends and Good Music

While I always say I don't want to live in Alaska, visiting home is always a good time. My flight came in just before midnight Thursday, so I didn't want to have my dad or best friend Becca drive out to pick me up since they had to be up early for work. So the plan was my friend JD would just pick me up. He is kind of a bad liar. When he called at baggage claim not only could I tell he was lying but I could hear Becca in the background. And when the car pulled up not only was it Becca but my other friend Sean who I haven't seen in close to two years. I'm sure everyone at the baggage claim appreciated my squealing at 12:30 in the morning. Friday I met up with the boys again for the Palmer Friday Fling, always a favorite for myself. It is very small, not even a full block length of vendors but I always know lots of people and it is nice to be downtown. It was also one of the 3 out of 8 days that had sun and I wasn't freezing! 
Sean, Riley, and JD chillen at Friday Fling





 Friday morning JD also bough a new beautiful guitar, so we went to the local shop to have his friend Forest put on new strings. Forest and JD also play in a guitar duo called "Lettuce Turnip the Beets". Oh boy. They are some seriously fantastic musicians. I have always loved to listen to JD play and with Forest they are just magical to listen to! Becca and I had dinner together at Turkey Red (so good!) where the boys play in the evenings. If you are in Alaska, I recommend going for the food and the music, it is really something special!

This is the face JD always gives me when I try to take his picture. I think I have at least 20 shots with this exact face. Thanks buddy.







Turkey Red's portabella mushroom chicken pizza with white sauce-heavenly!


And of course, to finish of the night, someone rode their horse to the local 24hr restaurant! It was just too funny, Palmer is a strange little town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips